Invest in Yourself and the Future of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
ACOEM Members Have Access to Exceptional Tools and Resources
You can join online anytime on our secure site
or call ACOEM Member Services at 847-818-1800 to request an application.
Membership in ACOEM is open to:
- Medical doctors (MDs) or doctors of osteopathic medicine (DOs) who have an interest in occupational or environmental medicine.
- Non-physicians who have attained the doctorate level degree of PhD, ScD, DrPH, or EdD in an occupational and environmental health discipline, a master's level degree or other advanced training in a related field, or are a certified Physician Assistant, licensed Nurse Practitioner, or a certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN).
- Full time residents, who have an MD or DO degree, with an interest in occupational and environmental medicine. Membership in the Residents and Recent Graduates (RRG) Special Interest Section is included with resident membership. Resident members receive free membership in two additional Special Interest Sections.
- Full time medical students, earning an MD or DO degree, with an interest in occupational and environmental medicine.
Dues by membership type:
- Active Membership (MDs, DOs): $415
- Associate Membership (Non-physicians): $225
- Resident Membership: $45
- Retired Physician Membership:
- Retired Physicians who opt to receive the print version of the Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine (JOEM) pay $95 annually
- Retired Physicians who opt to receive the digital (online) version of the Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine (JOEM) will pay only $25 annually
- Medical Student Membership: FREE
New ACOEM membership applicants pay a one-time $40 application fee (except student/resident applicants). Dues (including component society dues) are also paid at the time of application.
ACOEM Component Society Annual Dues:
Get involved with ACOEM on a regional level through networking, legislative advocacy, CME sessions, conferences, and more. All ACOEM members receive immediate access to their local component society, where available. Component society selection is typically based on your preferred address, but you may request membership in an adjacent component society. Members residing outside the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico pay no component dues. Component dues are waived for Medical Student, Resident, Retired members.
An Active Member who has been a member of ACOEM for at least 5 years, is age of sixty-five (65) or older, and who no longer practices medicine is eligible to become a retired Member.
Upon retiring, a member may apply for retired status by contacting Member Services at 847-818-1800 or by emailing email@example.com. Retired members may retain their Fellow or designation as long as they retain their annual membership in ACOEM. Retired members do not pay component society dues.
ACOEM membership is a one-year term and will expire one year from the first of the month after your activation date. You can renew at any time before your membership expires and your membership will extend to one year past your expiration date.
Most of your membership benefits will begin immediately upon activation. Please allow 6-8 weeks to receive your first issue of the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (JOEM). You will receive your electronic subscription to ACOEM's Science in the News weekly and E-News monthly during the next cycle after activation.
You may update your information in several ways: Log into the ACOEM member portal and update your profile, email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Member Services at 847-818-1800.
Does ACOEM have online member portal and community? How do I access it?
Certain pages of the ACOEM website are available exclusively to ACOEM members and require an email address login and password for access. These pages contain information, tools or services that are part of your member benefits. The member portal also includes access to community groups for your component society and all sections and committees of which you are a member.
JOEM Online can be accessed by logging into the member portal from the ACOEM homepage.
Call ACOEM Member Services at 847-818-1800 or email us at email@example.com.
Find a Doctor (or "Doctor Finder") is a free public searchable database of ACOEM members who choose to have their specialties, areas of expertise and contact information listed. This allows members to be contacted for referrals, consulting opportunities, and other professional reasons. To opt in to Doctor Finder, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with "List me in the Doctor Finder" as the subject line. Please make sure to include your full name (as it appears in your ACOEM record).