is the comprehensive newsletter for medical review officers (MROs) and other providers of workplace drug and alcohol testing services!
is written and edited by Robert Swotinsky, MD, MPH, a certified MRO and substance abuse professional (SAP) who is certified by the American Board of Preventive Medicine in occupational medicine. Dr. Swotinsky is author of The Medical Review Officer’s Manual
and serves on the faculty for ACOEM’s MRO training courses.
Published 10 times a year, MRO Update contains clear, concise, and practical articles on topics such as:
- split specimen procedures and alternative specimen tests
- direct observation and privacy issues
- prescription drug abuse and illicit drug use
- marijuana — medical, legal, and illegal
- state and federal (DOT, SAMHSA, FHWA, FTA, etc.) regulations
- courtroom updates
- the MRO Forum — a timely question-and-answer column
- a From the Journals section
- information on upcoming MRO course offerings and examinations
Current subscribers are eligible to receive complimentary CME through our online continuing medical education (CME) program - earn 1 AMA PRO Category 1 Credit™/ABPM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) per issue or 10 per year. The 3-5 question CME activity will be available soon.
10 issues per year
; ISSN 1079-3291
$215 for ACOEM members; $240 for non-members
SUBSCRIBE or RENEW Now!